July’s cheese of the month is…
English Double Cream
This month we are going a little off piste! We are taking a short break from a cheese of the month recipe and going with a cream option instead! With the Wimbledon Championship launching on the 1st July we are all getting in the mood for strawberries and cream – and our English Double Cream is simply the best! We are all hoping for another brilliant summer so we can head outdoors and enjoy some alfresco eating and drinking. Our sumptuous creams are perfect spooned over fresh fruit or pancakes, but for something a little more special we have used our English Double Cream in a brand new recipe. We hope this delicious limoncello tiramisu with lemon curd and our double cream will transport you to sunny Italy.
At Coombe Castle, we have produced our exceptional range of cream for over 30 years, using the finest quality milk. Our creams are made by gently heating full-cream cow’s milk to produce a thick, luxurious spoonable cream. Our English Double Cream is silky smooth, indulgently creamy and luxuriously thick.
July’s recipe is:
Limoncello tiramisu with lemon curd
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) limoncello
- 500g (1lb 2oz) mascarpone
- 600ml (20 fl oz) English Double Cream
- 3 tbsp. icing sugar
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) lemon curd
- 200g (7oz) sponge fingers
- In a small saucepan heat the caster sugar, zest and juice of 2 lemons and 50ml water. Cook over a low heat until the sugar is melted then bring up to a boil and reduce for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Stir in half of the limoncello. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl beat the mascarpone until smooth. Lightly beat in the cream, icing sugar, half of the lemon curd and remaining limoncello. Add the remaining lemon zest and 1tbsp of lemon juice. Stir 1tbsp of lemon juice into the lemon curd.
- One by one, lightly soak half of the sponge fingers in the sugar mixture and put two sponge fingers into the bottom of a dessert glass or bowl. Spoon over a layer of the limoncello cream, followed by a spoon full of lemon curd. Repeat with the remaining sponge fingers and cream. Decorate the top with a sprinkle of lemon zest.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat!