October’s cheese of the month is…
This month we decided to tackle possibly the most iconic and well loved British Cheese: Stilton.
Often referred to as ‘The King of Cheese,’ Stilton’s history can be traced back to the early 18th Century. It’s tangy flavour, smooth texture, and PDO status, give it it’s well earned title. October’s recipe is a classic tea time dish with a blue cheese twist. Our Stilton and Mushroom Pasta Bake is an all round winner… as long as you can resist eating the Stilton straight from the packet before it’s made it into the dish!
October’s recipe is:
Stilton & Mushroom Pasta Bake
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 500g fresh pasta
- 350g Chesnut mushrooms
- 400ml double cream
- 200g Coombe Castle Blue Stilton
- Salt & pepper to season
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry on a medium heat until soft.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute.
- When soft, reduce heat, pour in cream and three quarters of the crumbled blue cheese.
- Stir until cheese has started to melt and take off the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook fresh pasta in boiling water for 2 minutes for ‘al dente’ style.
- Drain pasta and mix with sauce. Put in an oven proof dish and crumble the remaining Stilton on top.
- Grill for 5 minutes, or until Stilton is gooey and bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.