- 170g Devon Cream Company double cream
- 4 tbsp milk
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Devon Cream Company clotted cream
- Premium strawberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
2. Add the sugar, double cream and milk then work in with a fork until you have even sized clumps. If the mixture is too dry add more milk and mix through.
3. Scatter some flour onto the work surface and tip dough out. Dredge dough and your hands with a little more flour, then fold the dough over 2-3 times until is is smoother. Pat into a round 2cm thick.
4. Take a 5cm cutter, dust with flour and cut out 4 scones from the dough. Press remaining dough into another round and cut out 4 more scones.
5. Brush the tops of the scones with the beaten egg, then carefully place onto the hot baking tray. Bake for 6-8 minutes until risen and golden on top.
6. Brew a pot of English tea and split your scone down the middle. Add a large dollop of Devon Cream Company clotted cream, top with strawberry jam and enjoy with a cup of tea.