December’s cheese of the month is…
Wensleydale and Cranberries
Bidding fairwell to 2019, we are ending the year in style with this all time Christmas cheeseboard favourite. Creamy, crumbly and full of flavour Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese is carefully combined with the delicate fruity succulence of pure, sweet cranberries.
We’ve used it create these lovely little filo parcels – perfect for Christmas party nibbles or canapés.
December’s recipe is:
Wensleydale with Cranberries Cheese Parcels
- 1 packet of ready made puff or filo pastry
- 150g Yorkshire Wensleydale and Cranberries cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter to glaze
- Place small wedges of Wensleydale and Cranberries cheese in squares of pastry and fold in the corners to make little bundles. Cover with melted butter to glaze.
- Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- A simple but impressive canapé.