November’s cheese of the month is…
November is upon us and with the Autumn colours all around our minds start turning to all things festive and wrapping up to enjoy bonfire and firework season. Our recipe this month is inspired by traditional Bonfire Night fare – sweet and delicious baked apples, with our sticky toffee dessert cheese all gooey inside. Oozing with butter, sugar and sticky caramelized raisins they smell incredible as they bake.
November’s recipe is:
Baked apples with Sticky Toffee
- 6 small eating apples (Gala work best)
- handful of sultanas and raisins
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped hazelnuts or cobnuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g Sticky Toffee dessert cheese
- 50g butter cut into 6 small cubes
- 2 tsp demerara sugar
- 200ml water
- Pre-heat oven to 200c/180c. Use an apple corer to remove the core from each apple.
- Mix the sultanas, raisins, chopped nuts (if using), muscovado sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Stand up the apples, side by side, in a baking dish. Using your fingers push a little Sticky Toffee cheese into each apple, followed by the sultana mixture, using up all the mixture between them.
- Add a small cube of butter to the top of each and sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven for 20 minutes or until apples are cooked through.