January’s cheese of the month is…
Greek Style Sheese
After last month’s festivities and much eating and drinking, many of us start thinking about having a healthy start to the New Year. With this in mind, and to celebrate ‘Veganuary’ we have decided this month’s recipe will be a light roasted aubergine salad spiced up with a hint of Harissa, and topped with cubes of delicious Greek Style Sheese from Bute Island. Perfect for a simple, healthy lunch.
With over 20 years of experience, Bute Island are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of Vegan and Dairy Free cheese. Sheese satisfies the growing demand for dairy products in the free from market, using coconut oil to create authentic tastes and textures.
All Sheese products are Dairy Free, Vegan, free from gluten & lactose and are produced at a dedicated free from factory on the beautiful Isle of Bute.
January’s recipe is:
Harissa Roasted Aubergine Salad
- 1 large aubergine
- 50g Greek Style Sheese cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or chilli oil)
- 1 teaspoon Harissa spice powder or paste
- Bag of spinach leaves
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Cut the aubergine horizontally into 1cm thick slices and mix together the oil and Harissa spice to rub over both sides of each slice.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a pre-heated oven until softened, then leave to cool.
- Place spinach leaves in a large salad bowl, top with cucumber and arrange the cooled aubergine slices in the middle. Scatter Sheese cubes and pomegranate seeds over the top.
- Whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, black pepper, chilli powder (if using), crushed garlic and maple syrup.
- Drizzle over the salads and serve.