May’s cheese of the month is…
Delamere Goats Cheese
Delamere Dairy have been producing their range of award winning goats’ milk products for over 30 years. Their Goats Milk Cheese is made from the highest quality goats’ milk from nine family farms across the UK.
Delamere Goats Cheese is carefully matured for between 4-6 months to give it a smooth texture and a tangy tasty flavour. The possibilities are plentiful and after much experimenting with various recipes, we decided to use Goats Cheese to make a British classic- quiche. Sweet roasted red peppers, and tangy goats cheese are combined to create this delicious dish which has become a favourite with many of us at Coombe Castle. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
May’s recipe is:
Goats Cheese & Red Pepper Quiche
- Ready-made short crust pastry 200g
- Delamere Goats Cheese 200g
- Large eggs x5
- Single cream 284ml
- Milk 150ml
- Jar of antipasti roasted red peppers 460g
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Handful of fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to fan 160C/conventional180C/gas 4.
- Roll out pastry into tin and blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, cream and milk together with a fork then add the grated cheese and plenty of seasoning.
- Stir in the sliced peppers, and then pour the mixture into the baked pastry.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the filling and does not wobble, starting to turn golden and slightly puffed up above the pastry case.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve warm.