March’s cheese of the month is…
March’s Cheese of the Month goes one step beyond your average cheese based recipe. This month Coombe Castle are launching a brand new sweet blended cheese breaking the boundaries of blended cheeses. We present to you Chocolot- Wensleydale cheese blended with dark, milk and white chocolate.
The combination of sweet chocolate and slightly tangy cheese delivers a flavour combination of sweet and savoury that is now considered one of the most popular flavour pairings. Our latest recipe creation is one that needs to be tried to be believed- chocolate brownies reinvented with a slightly savoury edge. We promise, you won’t be disappointed!
March’s recipe is:
- Dark chocolate (70%) 50g
- Chocolot Cheese 150g
- Unsalted butter 250g
- Quality cocoa powder 80g
- Plain flour 65g
- Baking powder 1tsp
- Caster sugar 360g
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a 24cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Snap the chocolate into a large bowl, add the butter and place over a pan of simmering water, until melted, stirring regularly. Once melted add in the grated cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour into a separate bowl, add the baking powder and sugar, and then mix together.
- Pour the chocolatey mix into the dry ingredients. Beat the eggs, then mix in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tin, and place in the oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray before transferring to a chopping board and cutting into squares. Delicious dusted with icing sugar and served with a dollop of clotted cream!