March’s cheese of the month is…
Cahill’s Irish Cream Liqueur Cream
With St Patrick’s Day on the 17th March, we wanted to celebrate one of our fabulous Irish partner brands this month. The Cahill family have been farming in Co. Limerick since 1902. They are one of the oldest artisanal cheese making families in Ireland using time-honoured methods and recipes passed down through the years to create outstanding speciality cheddar cheese which is matured to perfection.
To create Cahill’s original recipe cheddar, white cheddar is blended with Irish Cream Liqueur to create a soft mosaic pattern. This cheese has a creamy, indulgent flavour, making it a Cahill’s showstopper. Best served as a dessert cheese, we’ve used it in this sumptuous cheesecake recipe.
March’s recipe is:
Irish Cream Liqueur Cheesecake
- 100g (4oz) crushed Oreo biscuits
- 100g (4oz) crushed Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- 75g (3oz) melted butter
- 250g Irish cream liqueur cheese (finely grated)
- 250g cream cheese
- 50 ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar (and extra for dusting)
- Grated dark chocolate and crushed biscuits to decorate
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter. (Reserve a small amount of crushed biscuit for decoration). Press down firmly in a 20cm (8”) loose bottomed cake tin and refrigerate.
- Whisk together the Irish cream liqueur cheese, cream cheese, double cream and icing sugar.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the biscuit base and refrigerate until needed.
- For the decoration, mix together the remaining biscuit crumb mix with some grated dark chocolate and sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake.